Saturday, October 27, 2007

October 25, 2008

Is this for real? For those of you who know me, I have been planning to adopt for over a year. Waylayed by breaking my arm and shoulder last Christmas, I am back on track. Anyone you talk to about their adoption journey, whether international or domestic, will have tales to tell that will astound and perplex. It's a roller coaster ride no matter how smooth things go. I will share this ride with you in the blog entries to follow.


So, this is feeling really, really real (in the words of my nephew Ben, really-really.) I received my 'papers' (known in the industry as immigration approval) last week. This is a huge milestone. It means that Department of Homeland Security US Citizenship and Immigration Services has deemed me as "favorable determination concerning application for advance processsing of orphan petition." AKA it has been determined that I am able to furnish proper care to an orphan or orphans as defined by section 101 (b) (1) (f) of the immigration and nationality act. ..... isn't this truly determined by God? You get my drift. So, God and USCIS has approved me for 1 or 2 children, either sex, under age 6 years. And, my visa file is on it's way to Kyiv (Kiev), Ukraine. Dyakuyu, dobryden, do zustrichi! (Thank you, hello, goodbye).

No comments: