Thursday, November 13, 2008

Choosing Single Motherhood


This was a choice for me. I want to be a mom and I can't wait to become Mrs. Right before this happens - the ole clock is tick, tick, tick'n. I wonder if this will be more difficult, raising a child on my own. I gotta tell ya, it's not often I hear my female friends rave about all the help their husbands lend. I don't hear often their tales of hubby saying, "Go out! Go on out with your friends, or go get a spa treatment. You work so hard raising our child, you deserve it. I'll watch little Jimmy while you have your girl time." It sounds more like an extra child they are taking care of, most of the time. I don't begrudge anyone the choice to be married, then have children. But very rarely do I hear the upside. It's a lot of scorecard tallies, how many times I have watched the kids while you were out with your friends - and if it's not even - god forbid you ask for an evening out. A lot of tit for tat - If I give you sex 3 nights in a row can I go away next weekend with the girls?


Of course, I will readily admit that I am, perhaps, not equipped to give of myself to someone else and to a child. That's muster I may not contain.

No comments: