Thursday, December 13, 2007

Flexibility - Habla Espanol?



Flexibility is the backbone of all great efforts. The ability to adapt to change without an anxiety attack, is what I am talking about. I learned a few weeks ago that Ukraine had set their quotas for US adoptions, 452. Of those, less than 100 would be fore children under the age of 6. OF that number, how many would go to single women????? Not very many.




After spending time thinking about what kind of child I could see myself raising, I know that I want a younger child. At least under of the age of 2. Then, just a few days ago, my facilitator called me to say there was a newborn baby girl in Guatemala that could be referred to me. Wow. This is it. This is the answer to many days and nights of prayers and all the prayers of friends and family around me. Somehow, I know, this is my child.




I received one email with her birth certificate and the birth mother's id. Then, the next day, I recieved the photos. A beautiful little angel with a full head of hair. She is beautiful and she will hopefully be my child to raise.

No comments: